Canning soup safely at home is possible with a few adaptations of your recipe.
When you are canning meat products remember these things:
- Learning how to can meat is not as hard as it may seem! Really, it is super easy. Don't be intimidated.
- Be sure to trim away any gristle, bruised areas, or excess fat.
- Meat MUST be processed in a pressure canner. The processing times may seem long, but the investment of time now is so worth it in the end.
- Preserve cooked in a broth or dry raw pack.
- If meat is raw packed, it will provide its own juice.
How to Make Beef Broth (coming soon)
Canning smoked fish starts with the smoking process. Fish that has been smoked the standard way will end up being very dry after pressure canning.
Ever wanted to try canning fish? Here’s how to pressure can fish safely!
Make this homemade chicken soup recipe and know it’s safe for canning!
Canning venison ground is healthy and easy! It can then be used for tacos, chili, casseroles, and more.
How to can meat cold from the freezer or refrigerator. Do this so that your cold meat doesn’t break your jars. Canning Tips series.