Homemade chicken broth pressure canning instructions and preserving tips.
When you are canning meat products remember these things:
- Learning how to can meat is not as hard as it may seem! Really, it is super easy. Don't be intimidated.
- Be sure to trim away any gristle, bruised areas, or excess fat.
- Meat MUST be processed in a pressure canner. The processing times may seem long, but the investment of time now is so worth it in the end.
- Preserve cooked in a broth or dry raw pack.
- If meat is raw packed, it will provide its own juice.
How to Make Beef Broth (coming soon)
Canning venison is so easy, I wish I had started years ago. These directions will also work for canning meats such as beef, elk, or pork. The first time I tried canning meat, I could not believe it was so easy. I thought surely there was something I am missing. Nope, nothing missing. And it […]
Canning venison cubed, using the hot pack method, is so easy! I wish I’d started canning meat years ago.
Here’s everything you need to know about canning chicken in a pressure canner.