American Harvest Dehydrator
The Nesco / American Harvest Dehydrator is a unit which offers all the important factors when choosing a food dehydrator.
- The ability to accurately control the temperature
- A good flow of air around the unit
- Plenty of space for the food that is being dehydrated
The American Harvest Collection comes in a variety of sizes, shapes and kits.
- The FD-60 includes 4 trays and can be expanded to 12
- The FD-80 includes 4 trays and can be expanded to 8 and is a square model
- The FD-1020 includes 5 trays and can be expanded to 20
- The FD-1018P, for those who dehydrate in bulk, comes with 8 trays and can be expanded to 30
Besides the ability to expand with more trays, the collection has several add-on features including handy fruit roll-up sheets and a pretty nifty “All-in-one Jerky Gun Kit”.
These food dehydrators are able to deal with a variety of foods including beef, various fruits and vegetables, herbs and peppers. The unit has the added advantage of being able to be run for long periods of time, so that the user will not have any worries about the unit overheating.
The unit is able to dehydrate some foods in half the time of other units and the trays are resilient enough not to crack with usage or cleaning. In addition, there is no need to rotate the trays as the drying is even and efficient throughout the unit.
The only disadvantage of the unit is that reviewers say it is a little on the loud side.
The American Harvest is considered to be a solid unit and is a reasonable investment for anyone looking for a dehydrator.
Leave your Comments.
Do you use an American Harvest dehydrator? I'm betting some of my readers have used this brand.
Do you agree that this is a good dehydrator?
Give your feedback (good or bad) by clicking the leave comment link below.
Comments for American Harvest Dehydrator